Patricia Dent, Profile:
A strategist and project manager for over 20 years, and a certified business coach, I’ve developed a broad toolkit of solutions to help start-ups, corporations and not-for-profits across multiple industry sectors identify and master their business issues.
I focus on developing and delivering business growth initiatives to create positive change and concrete results.
Successfully managing change is a challenge that every organization faces in the current competitive environment, but none more than small businesses and not-for-profits. The results I’ve achieved for my clients include increased revenues, reduced costs, workload reduction, improved return on marketing, and more valuable connections to customers.
I’d like you and your organization to achieve results like these, to compete more effectively in today’s market place. It’s my passion to improve business and to encourage effective team leadership that develops motivated and highly effective teams. I’m looking for business leaders and organizations who want to collaborate to do what they do, better.
Certified Professional Coach:
Business coach for entrepreneurial and not-for-profit leaders to grow their careers and their businesses
Professional Corporate Experience:
Toronto Stock Exchange: Line manager for TSX Broadcast & Conference Centre, and corporate event group: P&L accountability to $2.6 million, with responsibility for sales, marketing and operations. Led strategic marketing and sales overhaul that resulted in a 30% increase in annual revenues in each of the final 2 years of my leadership. Created marketing and educational vehicles for the Visitor Centre, Conference Centre, and Broadcast centre. Internal marketing account manager for multiple Toronto Stock Exchange business lines.
Caldwell Partners: Project managed the Caldwell Partners national award programs (“Canada’s Outstanding CEO of the Year” and “Canada’s Top 40 Under 40″), mapping two award program project cycles, marketing and program execution
Telecom: Communication and administration roles in the telecom sector, in Bell Mobility, Rogers Wireless and TeleZone (a PCS start-up).
Professional Not-For-Profit Experience:
C.O.P.E. Service Dogs: Director, Community Awareness, C.O.P.E. Service Dogs, responsible for community awareness, communications, media, customer data and fundraising.
Conference Services, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute: Departmental manager with overall responsibility for the marketing and efficient, profitable delivery of 24 annual Toronto Rehab and external client events.
Ontario Centres of Excellence: Multiple sponsorship, event and marketing roles, supporting business development initiatives across five industry sectors.
Epilepsy Brampton: Evaluation of event marketing and fundraising approaches and administration in a board role.
Marketing, Sponsorship and Revenue Generation
- Designed and executed annual marketing communications strategies and tactics, including: direct mail/email and lead generation campaigns, trade shows, advertising, events, collateral, copy writing and editing
- Executed Discovery 2007 email marketing campaign that attracted over 1300 attendees
- Evaluated OCE sponsorship requests, negotiating new categories and prime positioning that reflected the brand while maximizing ROI; developed event infrastructure and exhibitor materials for Discovery 2008 Conference
- Oversight of marketing and sponsorship for Conference Services events, developing program elements to attract sponsors; exceeded sponsorship revenue goals by 80% in fiscal 2008/2009
- Client development for Toronto Rehab, identifying targets, developing prospects and securing new clients
Relationship and Project Management
- Collaboration with external industry organizations, internal stakeholders, and volunteers including leadership of eight Toronto Rehab planning committees and chair of Conference and Event Proposal Committee
- Recruited, managed and coached employees to high performance, setting objectives and monitoring progress
- P&L accountability developing and managing budgets, sales targets, and revenue forecasts
- Developed annual event marketing strategies, executing B2B and public events to support brand awareness and business development goals, from conferences to seminars, and charitable events to information forums. End-to-end event planning and execution (design, budgets, marketing, logistics, surveys and post-event analysis)
- Use of technology to increase event impact and efficiency, including: online registration electronic nametags
- Planned and executed 24 healthcare conferences, workshops and public forums for Toronto Rehab
- Discovery 2008 Conference logistics: event supplier RFPs, master critical path and online registration system
- Launched OCE Mind to Market Breakfast series (2006-2008) to provide a network forum to engage potential industry funding partners and recipients, achieving average live audience of 285 in key target segments
- Oversaw TSX Event team, which supported Canadian Foundation for Investor Education symposia (2004-2005)
- Volunteer Consultant, United Way of Greater Simcoe County
Education and Designations:
- Certified Professional Coach
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Toronto
- Marketing certificate, Ryerson University
- CMP certification
- P. CRM certification